In line with the “education and training 2020” (ET2020), the strategic framework for European cooperation in the field of education, this project aims to unite and integrate the current need to use new technologies (ICT) in the best way and encourage creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and the European dimension of lifelong learning in young people and teachers.
Starting from the analysis of the problem of the shortage of language skills of pupils, according to various investigations nationally and internationally (OECD), despite the Lisbon strategy and the accompanying measures of the past decade, there is still a high percentage of teenagers with poor reading comprehension.
Also it is urgently necessary to find custom responses and instructional strategies tailored to the special educational needs (BES) that are present in the school actually and that became more widespread.
The project rises from the need of a linguistic literacy in the mother tongue and in foreign languages, to promote the increase of the communicative skills such as textual, pragmatic, sociolinguistic, discursive and strategic competences, in line with the principles of active citizenship and the objectives of ET 2020.
Fundamental characteristic of the project is the commitment on the part of the school communities involved of improving the quality of training systems and of engaging educators and students in a innovative didactics for competences that really allows for the achievement of the goals of a more inclusive Europe, sustainable and competitive (SMART).
To this end it intends to address the issues related to the discovery of personal and cultural identity through the narrative of the self, the explicit reconstruction of personal history, highlighting thoughts and emotions in relation to the lived reality territories and to the virtual inhabited spaces.
The project aims also to prosecute the media literacy, i.e. the acquisition of knowledge, skills and competencies required to use and interpret media and create digital products; a critical literacy that also implies capacity for analysis, evaluation and critical reflection.
The Media Literacy, according to the most accepted theory, includes the ability to use and interpret the media and, therefore, must include both the interpretation that the production, combining the critical analysis with the creative production Therefore, through activities of processing of output like digital storytelling, movie, app stories, it is expected to bring students nearer to the world of reading and writing in terms of flexibility, adaptability and mobility to meet the needs of digital natives.
The combination of the technology of digital storytelling and of the production of short movies with the technique of writing as narration and of the script is engaging and motivating to the students so as to strengthen the skills of reading, writing and comprehension.
In the face of the need, widespread and shared strongly in partner countries concerning the phenomenon of little interest to boys reading and comprehension difficulties, constituting the main causes of the lack of interest in the study and early school leaving, the project pursues the following objectives:
- language literacy development as a strategy for preventing the abandonment and early school leaving (see the priorities of the strategy Europe 2020);
- development of a dimension of lifelong learning through the integration of languages and knowledge of formal and non-formal education (ET 2020 objective n. 1);
- promotion of practices and exchanges of good practice to facilitate the acquisition of the fundamental skills necessary to exercise citizenship rights (ET 2020 ob. n. 2-3);
- encouragement of creativity and innovation even through the active and conscious use of digital skills (objective 4);
- creation of opportunities for a real and virtual mobility of pupils in order to improve communication through knowledge of the native language and at least of one other Community language (ET 2020 OB. 1) and to practise the cooperation through the sharing and exchange of good practices even for learners with special needs.
FLIP&MOVIE is a project that wants to get out from the classic educational national paths, giving a real opening at the school partners involved and, indirectly, also at local communities where the school is posted, made up of networks, contacts, families and institutions.
And 2015, European year of development, will promote an expansion to 360 degrees of activities aimed at the modernization and internationalization of education.